“Custom Firmware” 5.00 TZS-6 Released
Now I use the term “custom firmware” loosely — this is really 5.00 M33-6 with extras flashed in… Extras like PSNLover, Torky’s M33 6.20 plugin, which adds support for 6.00+ games & the Go!Cam, 6.XX XMB icons (note: there’s no digital comic reader), and the M33-7 recovery console.
The 5.00 TZS-6 easy installer comes from Sawaz and The Z, who released a similar installer for SensMe. TZS-6 is only compatible with PSP Slim models (non-TA088v3) and in order to successfully flash this you must already be running 5.00 M33-6.
Personally I recommend you stick with 5.00 M33-6 (or 5.50 GEN-D3) and manually install the plugins you need. Messing with flash can be dangerous, but you knew that. Should you want to proceed anyway, here’s how:
- Ensure you’re running 5.00 M33-6 first. If not, skip this entirely.
- Copy “5.00 TZS-6 Easy Installer” to PSP/GAME on your memory stick.
- Create a “kd620″ directory in the root of your memory stick.
- In the seplugins directory, remove psnlover.prx & m33_620.prx, and their entries in vsh.txt and game.txt.
- Launch the easy installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After a successful install, enter the recovery console and set:
- Configuration -> Fake region -> Korea
- Configuration -> Use version.txt -> Enabled
- Boot back to the XMB and try it out.
I can confirm this working as advertised; TZS-6 flashed successfully on my PSP-2000 running 5.00 M33-6, but like I said above, I don’t recommend it.
Download: PSP CFW 5.00 TZS-6
(use at your own risk)
Topic: “Custom Firmware” 5.00 TZS-6 Released
No comments found.