PicoDrive v1.40b Released: SEGA Genesis/CD Emulator Updated
Here’s one you may have possibly forgotten about, or perhaps you’ve never seen before… Step back into the good ol’ SEGA Genesis/CD days with developer Notaz’ PicoDrive version 1.40b.
This release is primarily bug fixes and whatnot; don’t expect any speed increase.
PicoDrive v1.40b changes:
- Fixed sprite masking code. Thanks to Lordus for explaining how it works.
- Added “disable sprite limit” option.
- Added black level adjustment to display options.
- Changed reset to act as ‘soft’ reset.
- Added detection for Puggsy (it doesn’t really have sram).
- Some small timing adjustments.
- Added support for SVP (Sega Virtua Processor) to emulate Virtua Racing. No recompiler for PSP version though.
- Changed config file format, files are now human-readable. Game specific configs are now held in single file (but old game config files are still read when new one is missing).
- Fixed a bug where some key combos didn’t work as expected.
- Adjusted fast renderer to work with more games, including VR.
- Fixed a problem where SegaCD RAM cart data was getting lost on reset.
- PicoDrive now comes with a game config file for some games which need special settings, so they should now work out-of-the-box. More games will be added with later updates.
Download: PicoDrive 1.40b