PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B Released
The PSPGEN posse has released the next iteration of their Custom Firmware: 5.50 GEN-B. Current 5.00 M33 users — you’re missing out and perhaps acting a bit stubborn — you may as well bite the bullet and just upgrade. Access to the PlayStation Store alone is worth it; check it out…
What you need:
- A PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 v1 or v2 already running Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A. DO NOT attempt to install this on a PSP-3000 or any PSP with a TA-088v3 motherboard.
5.50 GEN-B [translated] changes:
- Bug fix: the VSH menu can now be disabled
- Pressing Select can start the recovery, bring up the VSH recovery menu, or do nothing at all (for those who wish to use Remote Play between their PSP and PS3)
- Update via Network (taken from M33)
- * That Evangelion Jo game we told you about; it can be launched & played now
- Pandora (converting the battery to/from the Pandora-state) and Shutdown Device options added to the VSH menu
- Flash1 format option adds a check that prevents a flash1 format if enabled
- Access [remains open] to the PlayStation Store and Remote Play continues working
* Playing Evangelion: Jo without having to patch the ISO is a bit unstable. This is more or less a proof-of-concept to bypass the newly introduced CFW check. Proper details on countering this protection will be released later. For now — very quickly press Triangle & Circle when starting the game. It should work.
Once again — props to the GEN team. Nice work.
Topic: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B Released
No comments found.